Standard Building Permits
The Village Hall has re-opened to the public. Visitors must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order by wearing a face mask/covering while in the building.
The Village Hall hours will be as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 8 AM – 4 PM
Homeowners signatures are required on all contracts and permit applications. For those that do not want to visit us in person, the Building Department will continue to accept mailed permit submittals for Standard Building Permits. Please review the submittal requirements on each guide.
Village of Palatine, Attn: Building Department, 200 E. Wood St. Palatine IL 60067
Please understand that we are currently following the CDC guidelines for social distancing and request that you do the same.
We will review your project as efficiently as possible. We appreciate your understanding.
- Residential Permit Information
- Commercial Permit Information
- General Information
- Waiver Letters & Worksheets
- Special Event Permits & Info
- Building Code Information
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial and Multi-Family Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Inspection Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Re-Roof Handout (PDF)
- Construction and Sales Trailer Handout (PDF)
- Demolition Information (PDF)
- Safeguards During Construction (PDF)
- Sign Permits
Please note: Property owners signatures required on all permit applications.