The Village of Palatine follows the CDC COVID-19 guidelines and have thus made changes to our building inspection services. Additionally, we request everyone to follow social distancing standard guidelines with the Village Inspectors. We appreciate your understanding.
- We have currently curtailed interior inspections of occupied residential properties. This is in effect until further notice.
- Village inspectors shall have the authority to terminate or cancel an inspection if social distancing guidelines are not respected.
- All inspection calls shall be screened. If deemed questionable, inspections may not be scheduled at the discretion of the Customer Service staff.
- Please be advised that due to COVID-19 reduced staffing hours, fulfilling inspection requests within 24 hour notice may not be possible. The first available day and time will be used.
- Completed inspection reports shall be placed at a counter or inbox. There shall be no sharing of pens to sign inspection reports. We will inspect your project as efficiently as possible.
Please be sure to allow at least 24 hours when requesting inspections. The 24 hour request time begins on the business day following your request. Inspection requests made after hours, weekends or on Holidays, will be responded to on the next operational business day. A re-inspection fee will be charged for each failed inspection or any inspection not canceled by 4 p.m. on the previous day for inspections scheduled for the next morning and by 11 a.m. on the day of for afternoon inspections.