The Village Hall has re-opened to the public with limited hours. Visitors must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order by wearing a face mask/covering while in the building.
The Village Hall hours will be as follows :
- Monday - Friday: 8 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 4 PM (from 1 PM – 1:30 PM Village Hall will be open only to those that fall within our vulnerable population)
Landlords signatures are required on all contracts and permit applications.
For those that do not want to visit us in person, the Building Department will continue to accept emailed or mailed permit submittals for Sign Permits. If choosing to email, please email completed applications and one set of supporting documents to:
Please note that the attachment size limitation is 50mb and 10 pages for drawings 11x17 or larger. You will receive a confirmation email once documents are received. If no confirmation email is received within 24 business hours, please call our office at (847) 359-9042.
If mailing your permit submittal, please include 3 sets of supporting documents as indicated under the submittal requirements provided on each permit application.
Village of Palatine, Attn: Building Department, 200 E. Wood St. Palatine IL 60067
Please understand that we are currently following the CDC guidelines for social distancing and request that you do the same.
We will review your project as efficiently as possible. We appreciate your understanding.
All permanent signs require building permits including "face changes." All signs are regulated by the Planning and Zoning Department.
Please consult the fee schedule for permit fees.
Sign Permit Submittal Requirements
Sign permit submittal requirements include:
- 3 Copies of a plat of survey or site plan for all free standing signs
- 3 copies of drawings/plans for sign - one set to be in color
- Pylon/Monument signs require 3 sets of design and foundation details sealed by an Illinois licensed structural engineer.
- Electrical work to be shown on plans
- Original signatures of the property owner-not tenant - required on all permit applications
- All contractors must be licensed and bonded
View and download the Sign Building Permit Application (PDF).
Questions regarding sign approval or regulations should be directed to the Planning and Zoning Department at 847-359-9042.