The Village of Palatine has re-instated the bi-annual elevator inspection program. Previously, the Office of the State Fire Marshall took ownership of the program. Due to a lack of staffing, the State has not been able to effectively administer the program. In order to ensure the safety of our residents and visitors, the Village Council approved the reinstatement of the program locally.
Now Available Online
Elevator Inspection Results and Payment of Invoices
Elevator Program Guidelines
- Effective January 1, 2010, Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc. will be performing all bi-annual inspections of conveyances in the Village of Palatine. (They are the same company that previously conducted the inspections for the Village.)
- Bi-Annual inspections are required by ordinance. (This is the same as the previous program.)
- The Village fee schedule provides the current fees associated with the Elevator Program.
- You will be invoiced in March for the annual fees due and, if necessary, billed for each reinspection.
- Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc will contact you to schedule the bi-annual inspections.
Your licensed elevator contractor is your best source for determining your compliance needs per each elevator / conveyance in your building.
For questions regarding the elevator program, please contact the Building Department at 847-359-9042.