Child Safety Seat Inspections
The Palatine Police Department Crime Prevention Unit provides free child safety seat inspections by appointment only. Although there is no law requiring an inspection, the Crime Prevention Unit offers inspections to ensure a safer installation. The child safety seat program is intended to educate parents on the proper installation of their child’s seat.
Click here to make an appointment for a child safety seat check at the Palatine Police Headquarters
- Inspections by the Crime Prevention Unit are by appointment only, and are conducted at the Police Station.
- Inspections are for Palatine residents. If you do not live in Palatine contact your local police department for assistance.
- Please install the child safety seat to the best of your ability prior to your appointment.
- Owner must bring the child seat and vehicle owner’s manuals to the appointment for reference.
- If you cannot make an appointment please call to cancel or reschedule. Appointments over 20 minutes late will be considered canceled.
Child Safety Seat Considerations
Here are a few other child safety seat considerations:
- Follow the instructions and recommendations in your child safety seat manual.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add "after market products" to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident - replace it to ensure your child’s safety.
Palatine Police Crime Prevention Unit 847-359-9061