Raffles may be conducted within the Village of Palatine provided they comply with Chapter 11: Article VII - Raffles of the Village's Code of Ordinances and obtain the related permit. To access the Raffle Permit please click on the following link: Raffle Permit Application
Tag Days Information:
Tag Days may be conducted within the Village of Palatine provided they comply with Chapter 12: Article V - Tag Days of the Village's Code of Ordinances and obtain the related permit. To access the Tag Day permit please click on the following link: Tag Day Permit Application
Special Event Information:
Special Events help create a vibrant and interesting community. They also involve advance planning, logistics, and can create impacts that require Village services and regulation.
To make sure your next Special Event runs smoothly, please contact the Village's Special Event Coordinator, Susan Storelli, at (847) 359-9028 or email@example.com with plenty of lead time to determine the need for a Special Event Permit and discuss any associated application/review process. There is a $75 fee that will be due prior to the Village's application approval.
The following provides an outline of the types of Special Events that would require Village approval:
- All outdoor events (except block parties) held on Village property, i.e., streets, sidewalks, parking lots, and/or deemed to significantly impact normal Village operations (such as Police patrol, Fire/EMS service, etc.).
- An outdoor event held by a licensed business that will be open to the general public. Examples include sidewalk sales, tent sales, promotions held in parking lots, etc.
- Other events not defined as "Special Events" may still require permits for food and temporary structures. For information and applications related to Food Permits please click on the following link: https://www.palatine.il.us/492/Permit-Applications
If your proposed Special Event includes any of the elements listed below, separate applications (available through the Village's CSS portal) will also be required:
- Temporary Food
- Tent/Stage/Generator Permit
- Temporary Event Liquor License