The following is a summary of the Village's regulations related to political signs. For the specific regulations please refer to Article VIII - Signage of the Village's Zoning Ordinance.
Political Signs on Private Property
- Must have property Owner’s permission.
- Signs may be installed within 30 days of Election Day and must be removed within 48 hours after the Election Day (these time restrictions do not apply to private residential property).
- Property Owner will be responsible for any violations.
Political Signs Within the Public Right-of-Way
- Signs may be installed within 72 hours prior to Election Day.
- Signs must be removed within 24 hours after the Election Day.
- No sign may be placed in a boulevard landscape area, median landscape area, decorative planter, asphalt or brick paver area.
- No sign may be attached to any lamp post, utility pole, tree, public structure, or other permanent structure.
- Candidate will be responsible for any violations.
- All signs shall be limited to a maximum area of 8 square feet and a maximum height of 4 feet.
- All signs located within public right-of-way shall provide a minimum setback of 1 foot from any curb, shoulder, or sidewalk.
Please be aware that the Village will remove any signs that are illegal or deemed to create safety concerns for pedestrians or motorists. Please respect our community and adhere to the sign regulations.