Clerk’s Office Accepts U.S. Passport Applications
To better serve our community, we’ve extended the hours for accepting passport applications to Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., no appointment necessary. To ensure a complete and quick processing experience, please review the information below.
Requirements for Passport Processing:1.
Completed DS-11 Passport Application
(use black ink ONLY)2.
- Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate with Parents’ Names
- Original Certificate of Naturalization, or
- U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card3.
Identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID)4.
2" x 2" Passport Color Photo5.
Expired U.S. Passport Book or Card
Children under the age of 16 must appear with both parents and submit an Original/Certified Birth Certificate.
Payment must be made in the form of a personal check or money order, payable to the US Department of State.
- Adult U.S. Passport Book (age 16 and above) $110; U.S. Passport Card $30
- Child U.S. Passport Book (age 15 and under) $80; U.S. Passport Card $15
- Expedite Fee (additional) $60
- Overnight Mailing Fee (optional) - $15.89
- Facility Execution Fee (per application) - $35 (Payable to the Village of Palatine in the form of cash, check or credit card)
Passport Book Delivery Times:
- Routine Service: 4 - 6 weeks
- Expedited Services: 2 - 3 weeks
For additional information regarding a U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card, please visit the Village of Palatine passport services
webpage or visit the US Department of State website at travel.state.gov.
You may also call the Village of Palatine Clerk’s office at (847) 359-9051.