Clerk’s Office Accepts U.S. Passport Applications
To better serve our community, we’ve extended the hours for accepting passport applications to Monday through Friday 9 AM to 4 PM, no appointment necessary. To ensure a complete and quick processing experience, please review the information below.
Requirements for Passport Processing:
1. Completed DS-11 Passport Application (Use Black Ink)
2. Citizen Documentation:
• Original or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate with Parents’ Names,
• Original Certificate of Naturalization, or
• U.S. Passport Book or Passport Card
3. Identification (Valid Driver’s License or State ID)
4. Passport Color Photo
5. Expired Passport Book or Card
Children under the age of 16 must appear with both parents and submit an Original/Certified Birth Certificate.
Payment must be in made in the form of a check or money order, payable to the US Department of State.
• Adult U.S. Passport Book (age 16 and above) $110, U.S. Passport Card - $30
• Child U.S. Passport (age 15 and under) $80, U.S. Passport Card - $15
• Expedited Fee (additional) $60
• State-mandated execution fee (per application) $25 (Payable to the Village of Palatine)
Passport Book Delivery Times:
• Routine Service – 4 - 6 weeks
• Expedited Services – 2 - 3 weeks
For additional information regarding a U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card, please visit the Village of Palatine passport services website or visit the U.S. Department of State website at travel.state.gov. You may also call the Village of Palatine Clerk’s office at 847-359-9051.