The Human Resources Department provides overall management and administration over compensation and employment, employee benefits, risk management, occupational health, employee relations, and employee safety.
The Human Resources Department objectives are:
- Maintain effective labor/management relations through open communication of policies, programs and employee practices.
- Coordinate the Village’s casualty/liability and health insurance programs.
General Liability Claims Information
Human Resources is also the first point of contact for general liability claims. To discuss a possible claim, please contact Melissa Abbot, Human Resources Assistant at 847-202-6652.
Collective Bargaining Agreements for the Village's Fire, Police, and Public Works Departments can be viewed below:
International Union of Operating Engineers Local Number 150, Public Employees Division
- 2020 Local 150 Side Letter (PDF)
- January 2016 - December 2019 (PDF)
- Side Letter for 2013-2015 Agreement (PDF)
- January 2013 - December 2015 (PDF)
- January 2011 - December 2012 (PDF)
Palatine Firefighters, Local Number 4588, International Association of Firefighters, AFL - CIO, CLC
- 2020 IAFF Side Letter
- January 2018 - December 2020 (PDF)
- January 2015 - December 2017 (PDF)
- January 2012 - December 2014 (PDF)
- January 2011 - December 2011 (PDF)